Friday, March 03, 2006

Student Indoctrination

Before I start I have to say I dislike posting without linking to the source of what I'm ranting about. However, for some odd reason when I've gone back to the link or tried other links this recording seems to be disappearing faster than I can type. So I can only hope that you've heard the tape or can track it down yourself.

Now, what I originally started to say:

I heard bits of the "Geography" teachers rant on how the U.S. and capitalism is responcible for all the evil in the world yesterday.

This morning I woke up about 3:30 AM (shifting off of graveyard schedule) and it's raining here, so I decided to listen to the recording. It's almost 22 minutes long. Now classes are about 50 minutes, subtract 5 minutes at the start for settling in and getting papers out etc. Then at the end, what 10 minutes to assign tomorrows work and pack up. That leaves about 35 minutes. So 35-22=13 minutes of what may have been actually covering geography. No wonder kids today can't even find Canada on a map.

If this was just this one class, I might have let it slide, but at the end of the tape, the teacher says that next they'll be covering how the world is getting smaller through globalization. Seems like he'll cover anything except the subject he's suppose to be teaching.

UPDATE: Just so you know I did get a download of the tape, so I do have proof of it's existance.

Plus the teacher was going to sue (using the ACLU) about a gag order which was removed and the suit dropped. Now we get to hear this moonbat explain himself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this "teacher" may opt for the "I'm a Native American you can't fire me" option attempted by his fellow Colorado 'educator', Ward Churchill.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SoCalOilMan said...

BisW
He looks about as Native American as Churchhill. I guess the requirement if just to have the long hair.