Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Arriving Late for the Oscars

I did not watch the Oscars. My wife had it on in our room and my son watched it in the living room, so as I ambled about the house as I'm prone to do, I caught a bit here and there. I haven't sat down a watch the awards program for about 20 years. It just seems rather self center of the industry to vote which of it's own product is the "best". I had not seen any of the pictures nominated for an award, so who won didn't interest me in the least, even if I had cared about the subject matter of the films. The little I saw bored me and after a 3 to 4 minute dose I was driven back to the computer.

The reason I am writing on this subject at all is because of an article I ran across regarding the ceremonies. It covered what was not said during this gaudy night of self aggrandizement.

It was "Speech we'd like to hear from an Academy Award winner" by Dennis Prager from WorldNetDaily

No comments: