Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Good Day

Off work and the day was sunny and in the 80's. Picked my son up from school and jetted over to Turner's Sportman to pick up some ammo. As long as we were there, figured we might as well take a look at some compact handguns. Played with a Glock, Springfield and a Barreta, all in .40 S&W. For price I still like the Springfield, and I've put over 500 round through my XD in the last few months without a problem.

Also got to hold the new Commemorative model M-1 Garand. Oh, to be rich.

After spending a fortune on the ammo that we originally went there for, it was off to the range to burn a bunch of it up. The most amazing thing, I had on my Anti-Idiotarian Tshirt and the lady who was waiting on me asked about the shirt, so of course I told her that we were just a bunch of nice level headed group of people who enjoyed dicussing politics (Mheh). The other lady working ther asked if I knes the owner of AIR and I said I'd had some discussions with Misha. Turns out that she was our Imperial Firearms Advisor, Kim Du Toit's sister-in-law. Damn small world isn't it?

Did much better this time with my XD-40, got my .54 cal black powder rifle sighted in, wasted a lot of shotgun shells, but had fun, and between my son and I threw about 700 rounds of .22 downrange. The only problem was my Ruger 10/22 didn't load a round properly after about 600 rounds. First hangup for that gun in 30 years and thousands of rounds. Probably just a bad cartrige.

All in all one of the most pleasant and fun days I've had in quite a while. If I can hobble out to my truck later I may scan and post my pistol target.

No comments: