Friday, May 08, 2009

OK...Now I'm Getting Pissed!!!

Did you read yesterday's post?

If not you may now.

I was almost in a good mood about work. Now I'm just pissed and don't want to deal with two of the three guys I work with.

The guy I relieved this morning is the only one against going to a 4/12 shift and he moaned about it all though shift report. Not what I wanted to deal with at quarter to 5 this morning. When the Foreman came in, his understanding was one dissension and no schedule change (crap!). Later, when the Foreman talked to the owner, it was the guy will have to deal with it or he can quit. We'll hire back the guy we just laid off.

Fine.

Then my relief shows up and announces that he's not doing any work anymore and is not supporting the sked change (that he's lobbied for over the last year) because our health insurance is only going to cover the employee, dependents are out of pocket.

It's not fair (to him) because if he has to pay for dependent insurance, I'll be making more than him. He doesn't seem to grasp that because I'm single (separated) and my boy is Gov't property, starting this year, this bozo has been getting a yearly bonus that works out to him making a hell of a lot more than me over the last 5 years.

My company kept us on for over 6 months with no production, another year and a half when we couldn't produce enough to pay the bills and right now we have an income that can buy chewing gum OR baling wire...but not enough for both at the same time.

I am a human float switch!

I've effing had it with people that can't bend a little or grasp the reality of what's going on around them. I don't like the (lack of) Business Plan that our company operates under any more than they do, but I here I am, and I'm going to give my time on the job to making money for the company as best I know how. I'll carp as much as the next guy about how it would be better if I ruled the world, but I don't! So I get up at 3:30 AM tomorrow and drag my butt into work again.

Could be worse.

How?

Could be raining.

No comments: