Saturday, May 09, 2009

Maybe Life Can Be Good

Damn! I was PO'd yesterday. I'm usually very easy going, but yesterday just seemed to be one turd piled on another...I'm much better now!

It turns out I got all worked up over things that settled out on their own. Two "Good News" things greeted me this morning. We start the 4/12 schedule next Tuesday (although that means I work five 8 hour day shifts then go right into four 12 hour night shifts back to back).

The other "Good News" thing is I am now straight Night Shift. (YEEEEHAAWW!!!) I have always been a night person. Even when I was young (6-14) I would stay up and watch Johnny Carson. I just like being up at night. 3:30 AM is when I thing about going to bed, not getting up.

I'll be working with the Foreman and he needs to be there on daylights, so this is Nirvana for me. The other crew rotates day and night. It'll probably change if we get our finances straightened out and they can hire another Operator, but today, I revel in my luck, due I'm sure to my clean and upright living. (Mheh)

It's always said that it's always darkest before the dawn, and that may be, but I do know that it's always coldest between 3:00 and 3:30 AM.

No comments: