Thursday, May 14, 2009

About Face


I don't know if Obambi has whiplash yet, but I can say that his rapid 180's have caused a major pain in my neck.

I've never trusted what any politician has said, but My G-d!!! In just the first 100 days of Obama's term, I'm having a hard time remembering any promise he made during his campaign that he hasn't reversed. (Well he did get his kids a dog)

IMMEDIATE withdrawal of troops "occupying" Iraq...that now turns out to be 18 months...the same time frame that Bush had.

Signing an order on his second day in office for the closing of Gitmo, then asking for the funds to do it and having no plan for how to carry it out. No idea of what they are going to do with the "poor innocent farmers that just got swept up on the battlefield and aren't so dangerous". Seems no one wants them in their backyard. Not ever the Euroweenies that were bitching at us about holding them.

As said by one of our allies: "If they are not so dangerous, you keep them."

NAFTA: He was going to "HAMMER" out a new treaty...now, that was "overheated and amplified rhetoric".

Electronic Surveillance: He was a agin it, now he's for it.

Lobbyists: There will be NO lobbyists in his administration...except for those lobbyists that are soooo damn smart we can't do without them.

Sacrifice:

May 2008

"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK," Obama said.


Like I care whether other countries give me their OK. I think the Fwench should bathe more often and people who live in the desert should move their asses out of the desert to a place that they can grow food...but I'm not allowed to judge their stupid decisions.


January 2009

WASHINGTON — The capital flew into a bit of a tizzy when, on his first full day in the White House, President Obama was photographed in the Oval Office without his suit jacket. There was, however, a logical explanation: Mr. Obama, who hates the cold, had cranked up the thermostat. “He’s from Hawaii, O.K.?” said Mr. Obama’s senior adviser, David Axelrod, who occupies the small but strategically located office next door to his boss. “He likes it warm. You could grow orchids in there.


I'm born and raised in SoCal...O.K.? When my Heater/AC works, I run it at a temperature that just keeps the house tolerable. Right at that level where you wonder if you should put on a sweatshirt or not during the winter, or all the windows are open and there is no breeze, so seal up and get the house down to where you aren't just sitting on the couch sweating, say mid 80's in the summer. I pay for it with the wages from MY job. I worked for it and I'm not asking the Gov't to subsidize my utility bill. If it's too expensive, I'll put on the sweatshirt or shed clothing to compensate.

You don't want me sitting naked on the front porch with a beer in my left hand and a hand fan in my right, but I'm at that point in life that I will. Neighbors be damned.

On and on it goes.

On one hand I would like to beleive that Obamabi's maturing into the position, but I really fear we have a President that is a complete liar that will say anything to a particular group now and the opposite two hours later to another group. It's either that or he could was so incredibly naive while running for the office about how the world operated that we'll get four years of a man that has no stand, no plan and no goal other than having held the office.

Quit a while ago I just thought that his eligibility for being President was just an interesting sidetrack, but now I'm wondering. If he's willing to lie about so many things, perhaps he's lying about that. He's spent an awful lot of money on lawyers fighting off the release of his Birth Certificate and College Admission records. Something that would settle that "tout suite".

No comments: