Monday, May 11, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different

Back to Politics!

As I've mentioned before I really am an easygoing guy. I can take a lot of grief without getting ruffled. I have my values and beliefs and if you don't agree with me, I may think you're wrong, but mostly I'll turn the other cheek. If they want to be an idiot, that's their right.

However, over the last month I've HAD to listen to this ad:



Sounds great, doesn't it? Can-do Americanism!

Any time this comes on I scare my animals and the neighbors ask themselves "What the hell keeps happening over at that house?", because most people just don't remember this:



This is the real message. "You will do as we say or we're going to hit you with taxes and fees so hard you can't survive, Damn the consequences."

It doesn't matter whether the technology exists, or even if it can be developed. Doesn't matter if this "change" can be met on the bureaucrats schedule or not..we'll just punish you and reduce your income so that your R&D funds are gone. Most likely in taxes that will subsidize the "poor" (all of us after paying our utility bills) that can't afford $3/Kwh bills.

Don't consider that 70% of our electrical needs come from coal.

If you still believe that the eco-nazi's or "workers of the world" really want (or care) about "green power" read this:

Solar Energy Meets Greenies and Big Labor

A chance to go to one of their chosen power sources that will save the world...but there ain't no where they will allow it to be built.

The first problem was the squirrel, or more specifically, the Mohave ground squirrel, which is considered to be threatened. While the squirrel has never been found at the project site, nor was there any evidence it had ever lived there, it could decide sometime in the future to live there.


I may, at any moment, decide to live in Texas. Maybe I should start paying taxes and registering my car there.

No comments: