Saturday, May 30, 2009

OK! Now I'm Starting To Worry



I posted a month ago that my boy was going to be stationed at Camp Humpherys Garrison, Korea. Tension with North Korea were high at the time, but back then it seemed like it was just one of those periods that we go through with them every couple of years.

Now it seems to be serious.

The Dear Leader Demented Asshole that runs the country is old and ailing and there doesn't seem to be an heir apparent lined up. They've already had a group of high officials "retire". The country has gone nuclear and has a semi-reliable transport system for it working. We're stuck in two wars on the other side of the globe...and in July, my son is going to be part of the trip wire in place to slow down the invasion if/when it comes.

Chris will be sitting about 100 miles from the DMZ...not a long distance for the NorKo's to traverse when they start throwing wave attacks across the border. I don't think the NorKo's beleive that Obambi will commit to defending South Korea (and frankly, neither do I), which will leave my boy in a bad situation.

If things go bad, I know Chris will be one of the best AirOps there, but 25,000 U.S. and 560,000 ROK troops they may have a rough time if a major portion of NorKo's 700,000 troops, over 8,000 artillery systems, and 2,000 tanks, postured within 90 miles of the Demilitarized Zone come pouring down the peninsula.

No comments: