Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Meme

I knew if I hung around these sites long enough, it was going to happen. It was my good friend BlackisWhite finally nailed me.

There are rule, and I will try my hardest to comply with them (you'll see I've already complied with rule #1)

1) Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Done

(These are the rules).

2) Share Christmas facts about yourself. While not coming from a overly religious family, as I've gotten older, I've become more religious about the meaning of the season.

3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. I don't know 7 people

4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. If they're really my friends they'll come by and read this exciting post and know they've been tagged.

Here goes:

1. Wrapping or gift bags? Wrapping...and tear the hell out of it opening it up. I was frugally raised to...I'm not sure what. The carefully opened and saved paper wasn't used next year, but my Grandparents and my Dad went through bad times in the Depression and even though they could afford it when I was a kid, I guess trashing anything that could be useful went against their nature. I respect their take on it. I think it taught me about deprivation, whichmy parents had done everything in their power to make sure I didn't face

2. Real or artificial tree? REAL!!! My Mom dictated an aluminum tree with blue and green ornaments (matching blue and green Christmas lights outside) for about 4 years. We finally got an artificial green tree after that, since I moved out...It's real or why bother.

3. When do you put up the tree? Two weeks before Christmas

4. When do you take the tree down? First day off of work after "New Year".


5. Do you like eggnog? Love it, only problem is that I'm (mildly) lactose intolerant, I'll be dying for the next 36 hours.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A toy Civil War cannon

7. Do you have a nativity scene? A couple

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I had to come back to this one...if they made the effort, I'll take it in the spirit given.

9. Mail or email Christmas cards? CARDS

10. Favorite Christmas movie? Three way tie, "A Christmas Story", "A Christmas Carol" (with Alistair Sims) and "It's a Wonderful Life".

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Last second. The selves are half empty, so there are fewer choices and less to worry over getting this or that.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham!! Preferably store bought Honey Baked with that spiral cut.

13. Clear lights or colored? Colored

14. Favorite Christmas song? Tie.."We Three Kings" and "Oh Holy Night""

15. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Home, although I miss going cross town to my Parent's on Christmas Eve.

16. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? No.

17. Angel or star on the top of your tree? Varies from year to year.

18. Open your presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? I prefer morning, but for the last five years I work Christmas Day (5AM to 1PM), ain't time in the morning, and the family doesn't want to wait till I get home. We use to do my Parents on the Eve and home Day.

19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The lack of true spirit and recognition of what the day really means.

20. What do you leave for Santa? Beer

21. Least favorite holiday song? "12 Days of Christmas"

22. Do you decorate your tree with any specific theme or color? Nope, it's just a hodge-podge of ornaments we've collected over the years. Maybe the theme could be "Our Life."

23. Favorite ornament? A stupid plastic bugle. It's been "my ornament" since I was 4 years old.

I'm gonna nail my good friends GuyK, Sig94 and RightWingProf. There's still a couple of days until Christmas

No comments: