Wednesday, July 16, 2008

News...Good Or Bad?

I just got the true story on some scuttlebutt that has been bouncing around the last few days. I'm working graveyard this week, so I didn't have contact with anyone who knows.

This morning I was relieved by the Foreman and got the facts (as much as he knows).

My company is in escrow and being sold.

THE BAD:

I've only met the guys that are buying the company once, briefly, about a year ago, so I have no idea if we'll get along or have the same goals.

I make an appropriate salary, but ...new peons are cheaper, or the owners can just say "This is what we'll pay you."

They plan on me doing the work more fitting for a 20 year old.



THE GOOD:


They've got a reasonable budget to start correcting the ongoing problems with the facility and expanding production.

I have over 25 years experience in the oil field, I'm worth the money.

The budget (initially) sounds like they plan on using contractors to do the heavy work.

These are just my initial thoughts. I'm not going to go into panic mode just yet. It will take at least 3 months to get all the details worked out(permits, royalty contracts, etc.).

The only thing I know about the "possible" new owners from when I met them a year ago, is that they are that they are Iranian, they drive Benzes and one of the brothers has hair longer than I do.

One other piece of good news is that they have oil sites in Texas (and some other state that I immediately forgot because I just went "No way I'm going there"). So I may be able to transfer to Texas with a job in a couple of years. YeeeeeHaaaaw!!!

Or I get "let go", have to sell my house (with a 400% profit), and move to Texas. The Emperor just bought big new house, he must have a room to let.

No comments: