Thursday, July 10, 2008

T.V. Heaven


I watch way more television than I should. part of it is I grew up with TV and parts I just am use to the noise running in the background. I sleep with the set on.

I've slept with either the TV or radio running since I was about 10.

I'm in heaven today, remember the excitement back when "24" was going into it's second season? That's how I feel now.

"Burn Notice" finally goes into it's second season. I fell in love with this series by accident. New show, nothing else on, what the hell, give a look.

It had a new plot, well there are no new plots, but a unique slant on an old plot, interesting back story(ies) running through it, and it was funny.

I rate it up there with Magnum P.I., JAG, NCIS, I'll bet the producers of Burn Notice sat in a room a long time watching these programs and figuring what it was that made them work. They did.

I could give a rat's ass whether the "spy" crap is accurate or not. The articles say "The show's propmaster actually builds the gadgets Michael builds on the show in order to see if it could actually be done, then teaches Jeffrey Donovan how to do it in significantly less time than he did it.", but like I said, I don't really care. Give me an entertaining story and some fancy two-step, I'm sold.

I'll also mention that a small reason I watch might, just might have something to do with Gabrielle Anwar.



A brunette with an Irish temper and a gun? Say no more.

No comments: