Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th - 232 Years And Still Going


I can't put into words how blessed I feel to have born in this country. I hope I appreciate the blind luck of where I was born with all the freedoms handed to me to the same degree as my friends at the Rott and other blogs that emigrated to this country.

Talk about being born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

It astounds me that these people who've grown up in Britain, Denmark, Russia, Australia, and many, many other countries keep saying "Look, I lived there and did everything I could to get the the U.S.A." They know about the history and laws of my (our) land than I do. It can get downright embarrassing.

I also have to mention the many that are still in far away lands that say that when of if the opportunity arises, they would leave their homeland and come here in a heartbeat.

I have to get up at 3:30 AM to go to work tomorrow, but I'm going to take a lawn chair, "some" beer and sit in my front yard tonight so I can watch the aerial show put on at the High School about 4 blocks above my house. I may fall asleep when they do some of the fancy ground displays, so I'll have my cell phone with me and the alarm set to go off in time to go to work.

A couple of things I ran across today, some may not be attributed because I was at work and bouncing on and off the net, but if I found it at your site...thanks.

Found this at Hot Air. Imagine, the fight in Iraq is going so badly that they managed to get 1,215 troops re-enlist in Baghdad on Independence Day



God bless them all.

This from Penn and Teller:



An excellent point, but when I see someone burn my flag, I know it's just a cloth symbol, but I really want go jihadi on their ass because it is an insult to me. They are saying they reject and renounce everything I believe in. They don't want to change it, they want to destroy it and build something else.

You always here that freedom isn't free LC 0311 crunchie I.M.H. (or just crunch if you're on his good side) posted about what our founders put on the line by signing the Declaration of Independence and what happened to them.

Independence Day, the Cost of Freedom

What these men put on the line and suffered for their commitment to freedom and fairness is more than I could ever imagine.

Finally....Something to remind us of why we still have to fight to maintain our freedoms, our sovereignty, our (maybe) too comfortable way of life.



GOD BLESS AMERICA, LAND THAT I LOVE

No comments: