Wednesday, July 02, 2008

George Carlin

I know I'm late on posting about Carlin's passing, but I had multiple feelings about it.

He was a comic that covered a lot of untouched ground.

My first impressions of him where during "That Was The Week That Was" sometime in the '60's as the "Hippy Dippy Weather Man". Next was the "Seven Words" routine.

He started out as observing society and pointing out where we imposed silly rules about how we talked or dealt with life, but as he (and I) got older, I started to see a viciousness in his routines and I didn't like it.

Of course someone else said it better:

Remembering George Carlin

by L. Brent Bozell III
June 26, 2008

I've become a curmudgeon, but I love my country and like most of the people in it. It just seemed that Carlin took it that step further and started to dislike the country and the people living in it.

No comments: