Monday, July 14, 2008

Bachalorhood

He He, eat your heart out guys, My wife just flew off for a three month visit with her sister in Montana. Yeeeehah!!!

Course in about 2 weeks I suppose I'm going to have to figure out how to wash my underwear and socks. Food....food is going to be fun. I don't cook, and my boy learned from me. The wife left us a weeks worth of prepared meals, but after that, well, maybe you guys should buy stock in Burger King, Jack-in-the-Box, etc.

For some reason my liberal hippy/capitalist in-laws decided to move to Montana and open a restaurant/bar. The rebuilding phase of the project is done and my wife went up for the set-up and get he project going.

My life is now an experiment of going from Work (go make money), Home (try to get some sleep so I can go back to work...and fix some things around the house), to Work, Home and Crap I've got to do at home and get the boy to contribute. I haven't had to function on my own for 25 years, and I get to drag my son into it at the same time.

I've got to go to the Supermarket in a few days and I HATE shopping. I've done it before, and I know the rules, but I hate being around people who also know the rules but are to damn dumb to figure apply them. If you're going to use a check to pay, fill out the other lines on the check, the hard stuff, like date, Payee, memo (if you use it), signature. Don't wait till the total shows up and then start looking for your checkbook, then drag out your coupons so you have to write a new check.

If that's my biggest bitch, I suppose we'll survive, but I've gotten old and I don't like changes in my lifestyle.

No comments: