Thursday, August 14, 2008

Numb

Ever get to one of those points in your life where everything you need to do is a burden? That's where I've been the last few weeks.

My home life isn't in the best shape. Wife's out of state and I'm not sure she's coming back, or if I care. Kid's reacting to this by being a sloucher. Chores not done, never home...not being defiant, but pushing back and I'm the only one he's got to push against.

Work is crap. All the guys I work with are fighting with each other. They keep trying to drag me onto their side of why so-and-so is an ass, well I have to work the ass also, and I haven't had a major problem with them, so leave me out of it.

Escrow can't close on the company until November, so things are just going to stay the same at least until then.

Politics...I hate that McCain is the GOP nominee and I fear Obama. Nuff said.

Last week I noticed my registration on my truck expired in June and I hadn't gotten a renewal notice. Found out my wife didn't pay my insurance back in March and the state of California canceled my tags. Damn good thing I'm a good driver, no insurance and an illegal truck for 4 months.

On top of this, my license expired in April. That piece of paper, that didn't get passed on to me, would have been just a sign and return for an another extension, now required a trip to the DMV. I couldn't register my truck until I got insurance, and I couldn't get insurance until I got my license reinstated. First two steps completed as of today. Tomorrow we get the registration straight.

Numb is how I've been.

No comments: