Monday, August 25, 2008

If I'm Gone

I made it! Got through my last day at work and am ready to relax for the next ten days. Tomorrow I've got some errands to take care of, just little things like finally clearing up my truck registration, get food for the kid to eat while I'm gone, laundry. Wednesday is pack up and go over the truck once to reduce any possible troubles while on the road. Looking at the weather in Phoenix, I better get new wiper blades as thunder showers are predicted. I've never seen it just rain in Phoenix, it's either dry and hotter than hell, or deluge.

I'm really looking forward to the drive (Hah!), I've made it about 30 times, but I was much younger then. I once made the drive from my parents driveway in San Pedro to the parking lot of my Frat in Tempe in 5 hours and 55 minutes, and this was back in the days that I-10 came to a stop in Buckeye and you had to take back roads for the last. Out off 360 odd miles total, the last 45 were "interesting".

No going for records this time, I just want to get there. I'm hoping to leave L.A. around 4-5 AM, beating any traffic. I'll stop in Blythe for something to eat, then the final run, so I'll land there around noon.

Steve assures me that they have the internet in Arizona, but whether I'll get around to posting is dicey. My intention is to live blog the weekend, but I've hung with these guys a long time, so a 3 AM blog of "wEnt to teh place today to get something that jOe needed and we got lost and had to go badk home to member what we left for anyways", isn't something I want to look back on. Nor would you like to read it, I'm sure.

Once in Phoenix, my truck doesn't move. I've been out of that town too long so I won't recognize anything. I'll make an exception if I can meet with friends from the net, but that will be early enough that I can find my way.

I can't say it enough, after two years of life just sucking (work and home), to have 10 days for just ME has me het up something awful.

No comments: