Monday, September 03, 2007

I Got Some Bad News Yesterday

I have taken a loooong break from computer games, and I saw something that got great reviews. I thought I'd give it a try.

I downloaded the demo (1.8 gig/1 hour + download) of a hot new computer game. Installed it, and was informed I need to update my video driver. Problem, NVida doesn't even offer an upgrade for my card. It's 1 off.

Now should I mention the minimum amount of memory they recommend?

I'm not sure I can complain to much. I remember when brand new chips would come out every 6 to 8 months and machines cost a hell of a lot more than today. I've had 7 years with this set-up and no major problems.

It's time to start reading Fry's flyers and paying attention to who has a good sale. The problem is after this long, it's going to be like learning the whole thing again.

No comments: