Monday, September 17, 2007

The Mother of War

I know where she's coming from, but I cannot buy the premise. Watch this and we'll discuss.

I have heard this argument throughout my life, yet I always come back to what has happened in my life.

Indira Gandhi - war with Pakistan

Golda Meir - war with the arabs

Margaret Thatcher - war in the Falklands.

The idea that when women are in charge all conflict ceases is a fantasy.

This is twice she's lost it while accepting an award. I don't expect better from actors/actresses, it's just that people who live by their emotions just do not seem to be able to separate reality from the world they want.

Tammy Bruce said something today that really struck home. [paraphrase] Mothers are more likely to fight to protect their children."

I'm so disappointed because I have been in love with Sally since "Gidget" and the "Flying Nun". Even now when she's doing ads for osteoporosis, I still look at her and see her in her twenties.

Another of my icons just bit the dust.

No comments: