Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Get Off The Road!! (this will be your only warning)


My boy sent me a text message today that sent a shiver down my spine. It's one of those things in life that you know is coming, you just try to stay in denial until it happens.

He got his learners permit today.

The thing that scares the crap outta me is that the only restriction is that he have another licensed driver "able to reach the steering wheel" with him, that is at least 18 years old. That would most likely be his girlfriend.

Right at this moment I'm flashing back on all the dumbass things I did when I first started driving and it's getting harder to breath....and there this tightening in my chest....and my left arm is feeling a little sore.

O.K. That's passed.

My son is, in reality, a fairly levle headed kid. He'll work jobs with lousy pay and few rewards with commitment. Still, he's 18, and the male brain hasn't fully formed until at least.....35...42....

No comments: