Thursday, September 20, 2007

Barak Obama is an Oreo

Hey, don't believe me, read what the expert says.

Report: Jesse Jackson Says Barack Obama 'Acting White' in Case of Six Blacks Accused in Assault Case

Wednesday, September 19, 2007


Jesse Jackson reportedly ripped presidential candidate Barack Obama for "acting like he's white," according to The State newspaper in South Carolina,
[emp. mine]

Followed by the typical denial:

but the civil rights leader says he doesn't recall making any such comment.


Obama's response did cause a couple of points jump in my opinion of him.....but he's still a cypher with no record to make me believe he'll stand by what he says.

"Outrage over an injustice like the Jena 6 isn't a matter of black and white. It's a matter of right and wrong. We should stand as one nation in opposition to this and any injustice," he said. "My statements on Jena 6 were carefully thought out with input and support from one of my National Campaign Chairmen, U.S. Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr."

Obama also hasn't been silent on the issue, last week calling on the Louisiana local district attorney to drop the excessive charges.


The Jena incident snuck in under my radar, but what I've read about it, it's working it's way through the system. It doesn't put the town of Jena in a good light...but, I do not live there and I know if I had asked in college to be able to hold a meeting in the Black Students Union, I would have been told to get my cracker ass out of there.

The case began after interracial fighting broke out last school year when three white students responded to a request by a black student to open up access to a schoolyard tree — used as a meeting place for white students — by hanging three nooses around the tree. The white students were suspended.

The tree has since been cut down, but not before the six black students were charged with a racially-motivated assault on white student Justin Barker. Five of the students were charged as adults, the sixth as a juvenile.


The (one) white student who was beaten (by six), was beaten into unconsciousness then more. I'll be curious to see if this makes it to a "Hate Crime".

To me, the whole thing was stupid. The blacks couldn't find any other place on campus to meet? The whites couldn't refrain from something so asinine damn stupid as putting up nooses? Stupid is as stupid does.

No comments: