Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rip Van Winkle Impersonation

After the fine welcome back the site gave me, things just got better.

I didn't disappear over the last couple of days, I was asleep.

We had to take a 3 day HAZWOPER class to be certified as first responders to any oil spill. Normally I don't mind taking a class, but this time it sucked. I'm working graveyard so my schedule Sunday though Thursday was this:

9PM to 5AM: Work

5AM to 8AM: Sleep in my truck on site.

8AM to 4PM: Class

4PM to 9PM: Drive home, grab something to eat, sleep, get up and get stuff together for work, go back to work.

I got about 4 1/2 to 5 hours sleep broken up, which didn't seem to do any good. I use to be able to do things like this, but no longer. When I got home Thursday morning, I was so tired I couldn't go to sleep, so I goofed around until about noon, then laid down and left the world for 24 hours straight.

The problem with sleeping that long is that you want to keep on sleeping. Saturday was a total waste as I couldn't work up enough energy to do anything. So today, it's catch up day. Laundry, grocery shopping, house cleaning, bill paying.

I don't return to work until Tuesday afternoon, so life may return to what I consider normal by then.

No comments: