Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11/2008

My God! It's been seven years since we were attacked on our home turf.

I'm torn about my feeling as we cross this anniversary.

The good:

We are safer than we were in 2001.

We did major damage to the assholes that hit us.

Iraq looks like it on the verge of becoming a stable country and we can start to draw down our troop strength.

They put out two 37 ft. beams that will be used as a memorial to the people that were murdered on 9/11 that the public can sign in tribute.

The Bad:

A lot of our Safety is cosmetic like Airport Security which is mainly for show. Grandma gets strip searched because of her underwire bra, while Accchhhmed cruises through because if you stop more than every 18th person of "indiscriminate nationality" you're racial profiling.

The assholes for allah that we didn't whack, cockroached across the border of Pakistan and set up bases there. (Though I read yesterday that we are hitting them with Predators and now sending SpecOps across the border to engage them and fuck the do nothing Pakistani gov't.)

It took six years for our gov't to commit to the fact that if you're going to fight a war, you go in with overwhelming force and kill the enemy.

It took seven years for us to get our act together and just start on the project that will "show that the U.S. will overcome this and build something bigger and better".

I'm tired. It's been a looong week at work (details to follow). I haven't had anything that would approximate enough sleep for four days now and my head feels like it's stuffed with cotton.

I'll close out with two videos that bring tears to my eyes every time I see them, both are listed as Permanent Posts on the right sidebar.

First Darryl Worley, "Have You Forgotten?"



And finally this:

Never Forgive, Never Forget.

May all our soldiers return home victorious and whole, and may God Bless America.

No comments: