Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Good Time Was had By All

I had a major jolt of OT on my paycheck last week so I decided it was time to spend something on me for a change. I hadn't been to a gun store in close to a year and I was down to enough ammo to fight off a first assault.

I posted this at the Rott to see if they could advise me on possible next steps and I'm going to just paste it here.

Back from the toy store.

Got to caress some .45 Kimbers. The salesman handed me a stainless and I told him that while balanced it just felt heavy, so he showed me the UltraCarry (Aluminium frame), felt nice, but I bet you have to make sure the thing is spotless after firing or the pits start to happen. He also told me you don’t know exactly what color it will be, when they blue it, it can come out anywhere from green to dark blue. He also showed me a version that that was colored like a rattlesnake. They were all way too cool, but I can’t afford over $1000 for a pistol.

The main point for going was to find a conceal weapon. The only .40 that they had that was small and very very light. I figure every time I shoot it I’d have to bring my aim back from 45 degrees due to kick. It was a Kahr who I know nothing about, and when he said “until you put minimum of 300 rounds through it, it will jam. (No go)

We then looked at some .38’s and as a carry weapon, the hammerless revolvers look good. They are much thinner than I thought, and no hammer, no added catch on clothing.

I did pick up a brick of .22 ammo (I’ve got plenty, but now we can go always psycho at the range with it if we want), target rounds for the 12 ga. (There had been a run on 00). 120 rounds .40 JHP, some to run through at the range (new brand) and some for…being available. They were out of wad cutters, so I go back Tuesday to pick up a box of 00 and some target rounds for the pistol.

I wonder if other people are getting edgy, I’ve never seen this store run out of things.

If any of you GLP’s (Gun Loving Psychos) here have suggestions, I am a more than an willing student. I’m not rich, so “you can’t go wrong with Kimber” isn’t what I need. I’ll pay for a good piece of machinery that does what it’s suppose to do, but my initial budget from what I looked at today, is set around the around +/- $500 range. I’ll pay the limit if someone can convince me it’s worth it.

I asked if they were going to stock the XM25 soon, I doesn’t look promising for the near future.
==========
If anyone here has suggestions, I always open.

No comments: