Saturday, September 27, 2008

Earworm Outbreak

I came down with a few earworms today. I'd just shake one out and other would wiggle into it's place. I haven't heard the songs lately that I remember. I was at work for 11 hours by myself today and it was like a loop of these songs wouldn't go away. Let me try to exorcise my demons.

This one hit me about 4:30 this morning while I was waiting for the sun to come up so I could get going on my project. During the week I listen to talk radio and on the weekends I listen KROQ which is newer stuff, like what my 19 yo boy listens to, so why a song from the '80's would pop up befuddles me.



"Goodbye To You"
Patty Smyth and Scandal, damn she was hot. If i had to chose between her and Pat Benetar, I couldn't do it. Great voices, great bodies and a real presence, you feel like they are really enjoying singing that song for the 500 time.

The next one I probably did catch on the radio not too long ago.



"Pork and Beans"

Weezer. To tell the truth I Have a hell of a time finding the newer stuff on YouTube. I don't listen to the DJ's so song titles and groups are not known, I just know if I like the song or not. To find the videos, I have to recite lines from the song or, G-d forbid, have to sing or hum phrases to my son and see if he can guess. He really likes it when I do this when friends are over.

The last one isn't really a "song". It's just something that I ran across yesterday and it got stuck in the rotation.



"Funny Obama Song"

I love this song, but even at 1:37, this version is a little long. If you didn't watch the whole thing, I won't blame ya. It's really only mildly funny, but I didn't ask to have it worm into my head.

Let's see if I can find the great version....Ah Yeah, here it is.



"Muppets - Mahna Mahna"

May one of these be transfered to your ear now and relieve me of my burden.

No comments: