Thursday, August 16, 2007

Vacation



I'm taking a vacation! In 2006 I stared asking for time away from work in May...but we were always going to have a big thing happening "that week", so I put it off and put it off. When it got to November, I asked again and was told "no". I said being policy is use it or lose it, I would "for the good of the company", could carry it over this time, I'll wait. If not, I'm on vacation as of now and you'll see me in 3 weeks.

The powers that be decided I would be allowed to carry my time over. According to records, I've used 6 days in January, I must have been really out of it, because I honestly don't remember taking the time...but I also took two days going to see my Father before he died.

No, I didn't run up to Portland say "Bye, Dad" and come home. My schedule has a 5 day "long break" in it so I was able to be up there 6 days. I had to travel by train due to financial things, so instead of a two hour flight (if direct) it was a 26 hour....not bad ordeal.

Now I'm finding myself back in the same situation again. I have 13 days vacation and the end of the year is fast approaching. (I should mention here that vacation between Thanksgiving and New Years is verboten..due to a senior guy putting in for it on Jan 1st every year, and with only five guys working there, it kinda rubs the wrong way).

But, I'm off. I don't have to be back until 1:00 PM a week from Saturday. Not planning on going anywhere, nor do I have plans for the next week. I'm going to do what I want to do. Which may be not much. The boy has to work, so until we go to get his "new" car from Grandma in October, I have no obligations hanging over me.


I picked the video at the top because the Go Go's seemed like they were into the song on this tape.

No comments: