Wednesday, August 01, 2007

This is a day off for me (Sunday?), and I was reading a book on the couch and Glen Beck just finished, so I switched over to Bill O'Reilly to see whether he was "looking out for me" or not...I was greeted with devastation.

A bridge over the Mississippi in Minneapolis had collapsed during rush hour.

It looks nasty, very much like what I"ve seen and experienced after an earthquake, so I am not , in no stretch of your warped little minds, going to minimize the terror these people are going through.

BUT, 1 hour and 15 minutes after this event occurred, the Department of Homeland Security releases their statement of "It's not a Terrorist Attack". Hell, haven't they installed a button on Chertoff's wrist watch yet that he hits the moment anything happens and that message goes out? You know, to calm the masses and prevent the genocide of...Muslims?

I will admit that during the initial pictures I was going "Oh. please, don't let this be terrorism." I was not thinking "I'm gonna kill me some ragheads for this".

Like our military's restraint at Falluja, I will not let myself be suckered into a knee-jerk reaction that, in this case, may prove to be "an act of G-d", or a low bid construction company doing the repair work on the bridge at the time.

I'll wait, I'll watch, and I'll expect the person(s) responsible to be held in account for what happened.

No comments: