Monday, May 05, 2008

Why Is L.A. Going Down The Crapper?



First I'm going to point out that I don't "live" in L.A. City. I live in Glendale, north of L.A. and I live in the La Crescenta Valley on the northern edge of Glendale. I can't vote for the asshats in L.A. city, but I've worked in downtown L.A. for 30 years, so what happens there affects me.

Second, the asshat in this piece comes from a line of asshats. We first had Kenneth Hahn (Supervisor from 1947-1992), followed by Gordon Hahn, who replaced him on the Los Angeles city council, while another, John, was assistant county clerk. His son James K. Hahn was elected Mayor of Los Angeles in 2001. His daughter, Janice Hahn, currently sits on the City Council, representing San Pedro and Wilmington.

Janice is the one we'll focus on here.

I lived in San Pedro 30 years ago, still with my parents, and it was a city of contrasts. I lived on cliffs overlooking the ocean, but drove a school bus through some of the most gang infested parts of the that area.

This piece by the local Fox news station covers how Ms. Hahn has set up a program that puts convicted gang bangers on the city payroll. (It's a two parter, so it goes awhile)

Video: Gang Intervention Money

I particularly like the part where the guy gets busted for being someplace he had an injunction telling him to never go their again, gets busted for being there and Janice's office bails him out. Not to mention that during his interview he keeps saying that he works for Janice Hahn.

The City Of Los Angeles is now paying the criminals of the city to do something about the rampant crime. And there are no guideline or instructions attached, just, I guess, hinted at goals.

This woman is willing to pay thugs a "city gov't" income with taxpayer money and have no explicit restrictions or expectations of what the job entails. She just expects because she slipped them some cash, they won't take it an run as long as they can while doing the same as they did before.

Liberalism is a mental disease.

No comments: