Friday, May 09, 2008

A Musical Interlude

If I had to pick my favorite between David Bowie or Pink Floyd I couldn't do it. "Dark Side of the Moon", "Wish You Were Here" and "Ziggy Stardust", "Aladdin Sane" are albums that I can put on, no matter my mood, and be completely into the music on the first rack.

With that said, I'm going to pick two Bowie songs that aren't on either of the albums mentioned above.

First: Heroes



Second: Cat People (Putting Out Fire) this is overlaid on the open credits of the (excellent)movie but it works.



The soundtrack version is infinitely better than than the one on "Let's Dance" IMHO also because I rule all here, I wouldn't want to deprive you of the live version.



I've seen Bowie live three times, and if you haven't, you've missed one of the greatest performers of of generation.

No comments: