Saturday, May 17, 2008

But I'm Tired.

(With due respects to George Thorogood.)

Just been occupied for the last week. Nothing big, just stuff I didn't really want to deal with, but it was just better to dive in and get it over with. Such is life.

The week has been news worthy.

Kalifornia's Supreme Court decided that no matter what the people want the law to be, they know better and found a loophole to make same-sex marriages legal. I'm fine with civil unions and am in favor of the Church's being remove from the legal side of it altogether. Have a State recognition of the pairing for the gov't, then if one choses, to have the union blesses by God at the Church of their choice, have a separate Church service. This way the Church is not refusing to uphold state law by denying gays a service that their beliefs say cannot be sanctioned.

There was a major donnybrook over at the Rott (that I missed most of) regarding whether you were a better Republican by voting or not voting for McVain in November. It got to where each side accusing the other of being communist and the dreaded RINO slur was used widely.

The Emperor had to step in and swing his mighty clue bat scepter and remind everyone that we are all working towards the same end, we just differ as to which way to get there.

I got my voter pamphlet early this week for the June elections. It's just for a few County/City things and judges...lots of judges. It reminded me that up until this year, Kalifornia had no say in the Presidential nominee (maybe this was a good thing), however, even though the Primaries were moved up 3 months, I still wasn't given a choice. I voted for Romney, but he had, in reality, already ceded the race. So much for my (somewhat populous) state getting a say after a few dinky states get theirs.

On top of that, I'm voting in March (primaries), June (local) and again in November (General). That's three elections in 9 months. I really try to take my vote serious and make an informed choice, but damn, this is too much. I've just taken a breath from the current election and the choices for the next are sitting in my mailbox when I get home. That our representatives refuse to make a decision and let it drop down to a referendum, just pisses me off!! What the hell did we elect those people to do.

It usually works out that the State Supreme Court rules that someone forgot/or put an extra semicolon in the wording of the bill, so it's "unconstitutional", so we get to start all over again and nothing happens to correct the problem.

Teddy "the Swimmer" Kennedy had couple of seizures today. Politically and morally, I loathe the man, but I cannot wish death on anyone, unless they are actively trying to kill me. He may be trying to enslave me, but he is only a threat to my and my kid's future living standard, and I'm sure with his Hawvard education and somewhere between $43-162 million, he knows what is best for the little people like me. Although the work he has ever done is to try to keep his or some family members ass out of jail or the scandal sheets.

Well I think that little rant made up for the last week, so in closing I'll include the song referenced at the top.

But I'm tired. :lol:



We saw Thorogood and the Destroyers at Dodger Stadium at a "Rock the Stadium" after game event and my kid, who was about 10 at the time, was bouncing around so much, we thought he would fall out out the cheap seats we were in and be dancing in front of the stage.

No comments: