Friday, August 28, 2009

Red Sky In The Morning

I was sooo!!!looking forward to getting home this morning. Last day of work for four days, and last night was busy. We added another well into our overloaded system and trying to re-balance all the vessels,tanks and pumps is labor intensive, a lot of walking in circles and trying to read gauges and site glasses in the dark.

This is what I came home to in my beautiful little valley.



This is 7:30 in the morning. There is a rather large fire burning in the mountains above me and there is no wind. You should see large mountains in this picture, but hell, I can barely see across the street. It kind of reminded me of we I was growing up here in the early '60's, only then it was smog.

My house in is no danger down in the slums of La Crescenta, but I think I'll just hang indoors until this dissipates.

Chris went to the "Blue House" (the Korean version of the White House) today on a "field trip", but I haven't heard from him to find out how it went, but it's Saturday there, so I think I'll jump on AIM and see if he's around.

No comments: