Thursday, January 01, 2009

Goodbye '08, Hello '09


Hope ya'll had a happy New Year!!

Mine sucked. I had to work last night, but that wasn't the problem. About 30 minutes after I started my shift, a tank overflowed so I got to spend the next hour and a half running around trying to divert water someplace else and clean up the mess as best I could in the dark. Just to make it the most fun, it was also cold and foggy, so foggy that I couldn't see much over 40 yards. Getting wet with stinky well water really puts you in a good mood.

I pretty much had everything under control by 11:30, so I went into the office to get warm and try to decompress a bit. At midnight, I headed for the door for rounds, and realized just as I was pushing the door open, I really didn't want to be wandering around out in the open right then. I wanted that steel roof over my head. I didn't hear any gun fire this year, but about 2 minutes after 12, there were sirens going every which way.

The rest of the night was uneventful, so maybe I can take that as a sign that this year will be better.

My wife flies in from Montana this morning. A combination of her families Christmas gathering and seeing our son before he heads off to Boot Camp on the 7th. She heads back to Polson on the 5th, "Where they don't get that much snow" (Mheh)

No comments: