Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Almost Like A Vacation Extention

It is a fluke in scheduling that I hadn't counted on.

When I got back from the trip to Portland, I resumed work on a Saturday, so I had the weekend to myself. Monday I had to deal with the Foreman and other people, but then I was off Tuesday and today (Wednesday).

Tomorrow, I go back on my most dreaded of shifts...Days (5:00 AM-1:00 PM), but I get the site to myself for four days straight. Thursday is Thanksgiving and Friday is a floating holiday, then the normal Saturday-Sunday.

I'll have to face a crowd disrupting my routine on Monday and Tuesday, though Monday will probably be slow with everyone still groggy from their four days off. I'll then get all of Wednesday and 3/4 of Thursday off when I go on graveyards for 6 days, followed by five days off.

In over a months time I'll only have to deal with disruptions for three days, not bad.

Karma will get me though. During the Christmas holidays we have a guy on vacation, so I'll have to help cover his shift. It should be about three full days overtime, and I can use the money, but those 12 hour shifts get old real quick.

No comments: