Sunday, August 06, 2006

Yeah, I'm Ready For Some Football


Raiders 16 Eagles 10
I like almost any sports, but football is the sport I love.

I know this was only a pre-season game, but I'm going to enjoy this game anyway.

We got shredded on Philly's first possession (the only one with their first stringers), and the Raiders tackling in the first half was horrendous (like last year), but there were a few positive signs in the game.

I tend to ignore football till the games start.
With the overlapping of the different seasons there is just to much to try to keep track of. So, seeing Art Shell back as Head Coach was an incredibly nice surprise, and having Al Davis *spit* admit that firing him the first time was a mistake really made me happy knowing he call pull out of the dementia he's been in the last 20 years.

Shell is a down to basics guy, so I expect to see improvement this year (like we could go lower, so anything is up). We won't make the Super Bowl this year, but if we are in the run for the wildcard berth, I've had a winning season.

No comments: