Sunday, June 28, 2009

He's Gone

I dropped the boy off at Bob Hope Airport (Burbank) at 0500 this morning. He's off to Dothan Al (via Salt Lake City and Atlanta) to report back in. He'll get to sleep in the terminal all night before heading to Korea.

I won't be seeing him until May, and even then I doubt I'll see him much as he's coming home for his best friends wedding on a fly in, fly out schedule.

Being he crosses the Date line, it takes three days to get home and back.

I can't explain how good it was to have him home. I'd been here on my own for 6 months and having someone come in and move things was odd. Mainly because we were on opposite schedules.

We did get in a baseball game last week and I took him to his favorite Steak House (Damon's) Friday night, along with a couple of hours of sitting around and just talking. He won't have a phone in Korea, so I'm going to have to crank up the word possessor again and start writing until he gets a computer and internet hookup.

Chris told me the other day that the U.S. is moving their forward bases farther south. I'm not sure what to think about that. My interpretation is that they want a longer time to react to an incursion, and that doesn't make me happy.

No comments: