Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Post


Chris finally got his post for when he finishes AIT.

I can't say I'm overly excited about it right now. He's being stationed in Korea at Camp Humpherys Garrison. That's about 55 miles south of Seoul.

I knew the job was dangerous when he took it, but with North Korea's "Dear Leader" redux about at the end of his life...I'm a bit apprehensive about my boy being a trip wire for world politics and/or war.

On the other side, looking at the base he's going to, it looks like they have built this one up to be equal to...or outclass...Riefenstahl, Germany as the premier overseas station.

TOUR OF DUTY (Pt. 1) USAG-Humphreys - U.S. Army in Korea - Camp Humphreys - Newcomer Video

That's part 1 of 3 and they make it sound like he's going to Disneyland. The film was produced last year, so maybe most of what they want to do is actually being done and will be completed before the budget dries up.

He graduates AIT June 5th and doesn't have to report to the Hump until July 17th, so depending on how much vacation time he wants to use, he may be home for over a month. I'm hoping he stays until the last minute to report.

No comments: