Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008


No...That's not me. I had a very sedate New Years. I was up and actually saw the second hand sweep across midnight, but I was at work. I spent the moment inside the office (with a metal roof) so as to avoid any idiot firing his gun in celebration and starting my year off badly.

For the fifth year I've had to cover Christmas Day (12 hour shift this year)and graveyard shift for New Years. Christmas sucks, but New Years I don't mind. Prior to this job, I don't think I stayed up for midnight for over 5 years.

New Years, an arbitrary point in time that designates another cycle around the sun and means that in another few months I'm designated another year older. It seems there are too many of these points going by and at too fast of a rate now-a-days.

To all my friends here I wish you a Happy New Year. May this year be one you will look back on fondly.

No comments: