Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday?

Damn, where'd the days go?

Since before Christmas most of my work days have been 12 hours +, and I'm just tired. Get off work, go home, eat something, go to bed, get up and go back to work. The damn dogs have starting to bark at me when I come home and I have to convince them I really do live here.

Two guys used vacation time back-to-back and then, when I thought life would return to normal, our Foreman decided to show us he can still do the work and slips and wrenches his knee. Now, he'll be off for over a week.

When I managed my old company I use to do 16 hour days, seven days a week and didn't think much about it (for the first two years). Same problem now, the boss(es) shuffled any of our positive income into some other part of the company and then when things go wrong with us, there's no money to fix our problem. Back then it was a challenge because I believed if I worked harder and longer, I could pull us through. I was younger then.

Now...I'm just an Operator, I want the company to make money, but I keep getting more responsibility dumped on me to fix problems, jury rig this, scavenge that...just don't spend any money...especially on what needs to be dealt with.

Some who know me, know my home life is not ideal right now, so with work, I'm living 24 hours of hell, but enough of this pity post!

I think my next post will be the promised follow up on one of my pets. I know you'll love to hear how I got my cat Tessa.

No comments: