Friday, February 23, 2007

I'm Still In Love With Pat Benetar

Working graveyard and the site is down, so I'm just a well paid night watchman tonight. I've been able to patch this blog up with a couple of the things that got lost in the upgrade and drop by some of the other blogs that I've neglected lately. I'd forgotten how good some of these people write. Makes me jealous.

I've been listening to Radio Free Colorado with it's superb streaming audio and "Love is a Battlefield" by Pat Benetar came on. When I was at ASU in '79, she was the hottest thing in Rock and everyone I knew lusted after her in the worst way. I got to see her in concert twice out there, once at a outdoor festival and once in a smaller auditorium. Great shows, both of them, and I can actually remember being there and what songs were played.

This is a later song from 1984, but it was the one that started this drift back to the old days. Sorry the video stops a little short.



God, what a voice.

No comments: