Thursday, July 09, 2009

News Coma


In case you haven't heard, Michael Jackson died two weeks days ago.

I was never a hard core MJ fan (I think I have one of his albums, inherited from a friend who died) but I enjoyed his music with the Jackson 5 and in the 80's.

For about two days I put up with the 24 hour coverage of his death. I'll admit I was curious about the cause and what would happen to his children, but once it devolved into just opinions then the opinions of the opinions, I got disgusted with the coverage. If I flipped by a news channel and anything about MJ came on, I moved on immediately.

Hence, I haven't seen much news for the last week and a half. With all the important things going on in the world, that the MSM would drop everything just because some has been celeb of dubious character OD's makes me furious.



By Cam Cardow
© 2009

No comments: