Thursday, May 31, 2007

Another Broken Promise

I keep promising to post regularly, and what happens? Every time I think I got life under control, reality jumps up and smacks me a good one.

After 14 months of non-production at work (I work for an oil company, so non-production refers to barrels of oil produced, not necessarily what we're doing), we are finally starting to get things moving again. Of course we're two men short for even a minimum staff, and gee, the equipment that didn't work to well before...still doesn't work to well.

Lots of O.T., but I'm just so fricken tired, I can't even enjoy the extra income before my family spends it.

Of the five employed here, there is myself (who truly knows all and makes no mistakes), the foreman, and two new guys. One who thinks he knows how everything in the universe works (with no experience in the oil field) and will argue every procedure, and one guy who has experience, but seems to have major A.D.D., and the last guy, who broke his foot a month ago falling off a ladder and won't be back for another three weeks (thanks Workman's Comp..."how many pain killers do you want and come back next week").

I'm stressed and I'm strained and for the time being, no more promises of regular posts. I'm going to try, because I really do enjoy this cathartic exercise, but at this moment, it's just one to many things.

I see a light at the end of the tunnel....Ohh crap, it's a train.

No comments: