Saturday, July 22, 2006

Summertime....and the..Ah, Hell It's Just Hot

I woke up today at 7 AM and the A/C was running. It's set for 80 degrees, because I'm a cheap bastard, but I knew this wasn't a good omen.

At 10:30 AM, I went out to get the mail and it was 108, that was when I decided that there was not going to be any work done today.

I went on a Turner Classic channel binge and saw some of the best and worst movies made, everything from White Commache (William Shatner in a dual role spaghetti western) to To Kill a Mockingbird.

It's now 11:00 PM and it's 90 outside...the prospects for accomplishments tomorrow and not favorable. This is southern California, it's suppose to be 70 year round.

1 comment:

GUYK said...

Well, those were a couple of the worst..what did you see that was good?

The heat wave hasn't effected us this year..hell it is always hot during the dawg days of summer and the only good thing about it is we know that by the middle of July there are only a couple of months left before it cools down and the fish start biting again.