Thursday, November 05, 2009

I Now Officially HATE This Effing State!!!


I kinda went into hibernation this last week. Five busy 12 hour shifts in a row just about did me in. I actually slept for 20 hours straight after the final (and hardest)shift.

Yesterday when I finally felt up to checking some news, this is what I run into:

California Outright Steals Worker's Money

LA Times:

Reporting from Los Angeles and Sacramento - Starting Sunday, cash-strapped California will dig deeper into the pocketbooks of wage earners -- holding back 10% more than it already does in state income taxes just as the biggest shopping season of the year kicks into gear.

Technically, it's not a tax increase, even though it may feel like one when your next paycheck arrives. As part of a bundle of budget patches adopted in the summer, the state is taking more money now in withholding, even though workers' annual tax bills won't change.

Think of it as a forced, interest-free loan: You'll be repaid any extra withholding in April. Those who would receive a refund anyway will receive a larger one, and those who owe taxes will owe less.


These SOB's are "borrowing" my money INTEREST FREE to supposedly dig themselves out of the hole they put us in. They won't cut anything, but just keep on spending...probably adding more spending on top, and next April when I file for my refund...they'll still be broke.

I will come close to actually breaking even being whoever calculated the Kalifornia Tax Table for withholding must have graduated from a UC skool, I've always had a little extra State withholding taken out once I realized I was paying about $300 every April. I just have to cancel that extra withholding and the numbers should work out about right.

No comments: