Friday, November 14, 2008

Decompression

I haven't been on the net at all for the last week. I'm on "vacation", had six days (10 tacking on my long change)to use and running out of year all ready. I can't afford to go anywhere or do much, it it's really just been some time away from work and trying to spend a little time with the boy.

Nailing Chris down is hard. He's trying to see all his friends, and his recruiter is constantly calling about this paperwork or that test. On his aptitude(?)test he got a 94 out of 99. Last night they hauled him off to Ft. Irwin overnight for his physical. If he passes this, I guess it's just wait until he has to report in January.

He's got his specialty reserved and will be doing Basic at Ft. Benning then on to Ft. Rucker for his training. We have close family friends in Birmingham and New Orleans, which is a good thing.

Myself, I just haven't been in the mood for anything political. Little news and less internet. From now until the inauguration I don't see anything really big happening. The Dems may try to push through some stuff, but I think the Repubs will fight it off until it can be completely dumped on the Dems.

Last week my "check engine" light came on, then started flashing. It was "just" my spark plug wires, I say "just" because a new set cost $130 + labor. Two days later the damn check engine light came on again, luckily that was just a hose that got knocked loose during the wire change and fell off. No charge for the fix, but the stress of more truck troubles wasn't what I needed.

No comments: