Sunday, October 26, 2008

BowieFest

David Bowie has got to be my favorite artist. My high school years were spent trying to convince my friends how great he was. They wanted another version of the last album and I loved his always changing style. I got into him during the Ziggy Stardust period, but didn't see him until he was into "The Thin White Duke". There were a lot of people dressed up as Glam Rockers (Ziggy) while David came out with in a Zoot Suit. I missed this song for a long time for some reason, but the first time I heard it I feel in love with it. Ziggy means a lot to me, the album was a whole story, but this song...the simple guitar riff and vocals for the chorus...



"The Man Who Sold The World"

And here's Ziggy again, just to show why I love this song so much:



This is the song that really showed me what a voice he had. "Wild Is The Wind" written by Dimitri Tiomkin:



Let's not forget "Station To Station":



Finally, just because I could keep posting this song and, oh yeah, that song, I'm going to close with "The Bewlay Brothers" for now.



I'll get in another BowieFest mood somtime, so you can look forward to more.

No comments: