Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Total Burnout!


I needed a break...badly.

Work, home life, politics, I just reached one of those points where I felt like I was being overwhelmed on all sides and I had no control over any of them. No matter what I tried to do, the problems didn't seem to get any better...if they didn't seem to get worse.

I'm much better now.

Things really haven't improved, but I decided to take a bit of time off, roll with the punches and catch my breath, "Rope-A-Dope" it until I felt like fighting back again.

I could have returned a week ago, but chose to wait it out a little longer and make sure I'd rebuilt my reserves so I wouldn't rant for a week or so and fade off again. Like when you tell yourself that that strained muscle is mostly healed and you can go back to working full-out...if you're just careful. I've had so much wisdom and insight to dispense, but deep inside I knew I wasn't ready.

To all my friends, I apologize for not dropping by, hell the only reason I would keep up with The Rott was because that's my homepage. I'll be by shortly, I've missed you all.

To show I'm in a much better mood, I'm posting my favorite "Far Side" cartoon (click to bigify):

No comments: