Saturday, May 15, 2010

And I Don't Blame Them



The cactus in the photo at right planted along the Arizona border with California gives a pretty good indication of the reaction of that state to the boycott directed at them by the Los Angeles city council over the new immigration law. However, what is the opinion of folks in California? If a Los Angeles Times poll showed overwhelming support for the boycott, do you not think this would be front page news? Well, the results were overwhelming...97.6% of the respondents to this L.A. Times poll were opposed to the boycott of Arizona. The poll question: "Was the L.A. City Council right to pass a boycott of Arizona?" Here are the results:

Yes. Arizona needs to feel the consequences of enacting a bad law. 2.1% (378 votes)

Yes, though the boycott should be more of a symbolic gesture than an official measure. 0.4% (64 votes)

No, but only because doing so is probably illegal and not in L.A.'s interest. 4.2% (771 votes)

No. The city should mind its own business. 93.4% (17,030 votes)


Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2010/05/14/la-times-downplays-overwhelming-result-own-online-poll-arizona-boycott#ixzz0o1cUeZFt


For my part, My son and I went to Phoenix for 3 days last week and took in a D'backs/
Dodger game and purchased food and gas.

While I was out there, I talked to some people and they are pissed that L.A. is telling them that they have no right to deal with a very bad and scary problem. I wish I had the results of this poll while I was there so I could point out it's just the liberal elitist's in government that are pushing the asinine boycott.

No comments: